Advertising with postcards is an effective form of direct mail marketing used by many online marketers and business owners. On this post, let’s talk about essential pointers on how you can develop attractive postcards to boost marketing campaigns:
1. Understand the profile of your target customers. First, it’s important to know the profile of your target market. To whom will you be sending your postcards to? If you plan to purchase a marketing list, see to it that the demographics are included and that all the information are up to date. On the other hand, if you’re using your own listing, it is recommended that you conduct research first before launching a postcard marketing campaign.
2. Use a direct-to-the-point message or offer. Postcards have limited space so you need to carefully conceptualize your message. See to it that the recipient will easily understand what you’re trying to say. Avoid excessive wording. Delete unnecessary words which do not really add impact to your marketing copy.
3. Come up with an appealing postcard design. Along with a compelling postcard marketing message, it is also important to come up with an appealing design. The design of your advertising postcards should complement and highlight the message it contains. Hiring a professional postcard designer is also recommended to get the best result from your marketing campaign.
4. Monitor the results. See to it that you will be able to keep track of the result of your postcard advertising campaign. For instance, you may include a discount code on each postcard and ask the recipient to use this code when they purchase to enjoy the discount. You may also ask the recipients to bring the postcard with them when they visit your store to claim a gift. By doing so, it will be easier to determine which part of your sales have been generated from your postcard marketing campaign.
5. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Direct mail marketing is all about repetition. Sending marketing postcards only once to a group of prospects may not generate much result. However, by doing follow-ups, postcard marketing will surely help you increase your sales and improve the marketing performance of your business.
About the Author
Luie De Von is a marketing consultant with Easy Postcard Marketing and has been providing consumers and business owners with marketing strategies. For years he has helped businesses to have more and growing clients through campaign internet marketing, direct marketing advertising and postcard marketing.